Welcome to the Moixa Support page where you will ﬁnd information on how to get started with Moixa Smart Battery. If you’re looking for frequently asked questions, please click here.
If you can’t ﬁnd the answer you are looking for, please email our Customer Support Team
firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave us a message at 0207 734 1511.
If you’re an installer with a question, please email us at email@example.com.
To access live data from your Moixa Smart Battery you will need to set up a personal Moixa account.
To do so, please click here and click ‘Register a new account’. Enter your e-mail address and then an e-mail will be sent asking you to verify your e-mail address. Please check your Junk or Spam folders for this.
Once you have verified your e-mail, it can take up to two working days for your data to show.
We are proud of our technology and aim to support our customers to get the best from their batteries. Therefore, we offer support through firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0207 734 1511.
Our Customer Team are available during business hours, that is 09:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday.
You can download a full copy of the warranty terms below.
The USB socket on the front panel is for use by Maslow service personnel only. Do not connect any unauthorised USB device to this port as you may render your Maslow inoperable.
You can find your system ID printed on a sticker on the side of your unit.
It is 12 digits long, usually beginning ‘b827…’
If you have just registered for the Moixa online portal, it can take up to two working days, for your account to be setup. During this time, you will not be able to see your live data.
If there is no data but you see a message reading: “You don’t appear to have live data, please can you check that your unit is on and connected to the internet. Restart battery if necessary by switching it off and then back on.” Please follow the instructions to restart your battery.
Once your battery has been commissioned, it is designed to operate continuously.
However, Moixa may ask you to restart your battery occasionally, for example, if it has gone offline.
To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Press and hold the MODE button until it gives you four short beeps.
- If you do not hear this, please proceed to step 3
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds, when you should hear another beep.
- Turn off your battery by flipping the ON/OFF toggle switch to the right hand side.
- Wait for 1 minute and then flip the switch back to the left
Your Moixa battery only charges when there is surplus energy from your PV panels. At times where your household consumption is higher than your PV energy generation, there is no spare energy to charge your battery.
If you feel this is not the case with your Moixa Smart Battery, please contact Moixa Customer Support.
When PV generation is above your household consumption level, the spare solar energy will go towards charging the battery. However, the power input of your Moixa Smart Battery is capped at a maximum of 350W. Therefore, any extra PV above this is exported to the grid.
The ‘depth of discharge’ for a Moixa Smart Battery is 80%. This means the battery charge level will not go below 20%. This is set to preserve the health and lifespan of the battery.
Your battery charges and discharge is controlled by a plan determined remotely by Moixa. This plan is designed to ensure optimal operation of the unit.
If you would like to discuss when your battery is set to charge or discharge, please contact Moixa support.
It is important that your Moixa Smart Battery stays connected to the internet. If your Moixa Smart Battery is connected over Wi-Fi, and you change providers, you will need to make sure to reconnect it.
This is something you can do yourself at home, by following these steps:
- Put your battery into AP (Access Point Mode).
- Press the BYPASS switch gently. To do this, you may need a pencil or other narrow object.
- Then press and hold the MODE button for approximately 2 seconds
- Then press the BYPASS button once again
- Please make sure your battery is out of BYPASS mode before you proceed to the next step. BYPASS mode is indicated by the lights scrolling up and down the control panel.
- Connect to the Moixa Wi-Fi network
- Go onto your Wi-Fi connected laptop, smartphone or tablet
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi menu of your device
- Locate the Moixa Wi-Fi network. This will be called ‘maslow-bXXXXXXXXXX’ where bXXXXXXXXXX is your battery serial ID
- Select the network and when prompted enter the password ‘MaslowPass’
- Once your device is connected to the Wi-Fi
- Open your internet browser and in the search bar at the top of the screen, type the following web address: http://10.74.8.254/
- A page will show, asking you to enter your broadband ID, or SSID, and the password for your home Wi-Fi network – these can be found on the back of your Wi-Fi router in your home
- It is important that you type in the SSID and password exactly as they appear on your home Wi-Fi router, in order to ensure it connects
Once you have done this, please let Moixa know
N.B. Please connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi network if this is available, over a 5GHz network – most modern routers have both options – 2.4GHz has a longer range, a stronger, more reliable signal that will provide a better connection for your Maslow.
Your battery is set to charge and discharge according to a plan determined remotely by Moixa. This plan is designed to ensure optimal operation of the unit.
The only exception to this is on Monday mornings. If your battery has not been able to fully charge recently, it will charge to its maximum capacity on a Monday. This may mean your battery is seen charging from the mains. This is done to calibrate the battery and maximise its life span. Once this is complete, the battery will return to its usual plan.
Normally, the Moixa Smart Battery will only charge when there is spare solar PV above your household consumption.
However, there may be a few occasions where your battery is seen charging from the mains
These may include:
- On a Monday morning, when your battery has not reached full charge capacity for over a week
- Your battery has discharged below the safety limit of 20%, and therefore needs to recharge quickly in order to preserve its health
- If you have a split economy tariff plan in place, that sets your Moixa Smart Battery to charge at times when electricity is cheap.
Once your Moixa Smart Battery has been commissioned, it is designed to operate continuously.
However, if you have been instructed to turn you battery off, it is important that this is done so correctly.
To do this:
- Press the MODE button for 10-15 seconds, until you hear two beeps
- Wait for 30 seconds until you hear a single beep
- Safely turn off your Moixa Smart Battery by flipping the ON/OFF toggle switch to the right hand side
Moixa GridShare is a customer scheme designed to give every qualifying Moixa battery customer cash back, in return for Moixa intelligently managing their batteries.
Moixa GridShare helps balance the energy demands of the grid, whilst providing the participating households with an extra income. Moixa GridShare uses the “smart brain” built into every Moixa Battery to combine the stored energy (or spare capacity) of each customer in order to push energy to the National Grid on occasions during the year. Think of the way your solar panels work by pushing energy into the National Grid in return for a feed-in tariff. Moixa is paid by the National Grid every year for providing these services and will share this income with participating customers.
Our proprietary system generates income for our customers, helps to balance the National Grid’s energy demands, and reduces fossil fuel burn through smart energy management.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 0207 734 1511.
It takes just a few minutes. Just follow this link: http://www.moixa.com/registration/
No, Moixa GridShare has no impact on your Feed-In Tariff payments.
Moixa GridShare works alongside any energy tariff.
|Which membership is right for you?|
|Fixed Income||Profit Share|
|What is it?||Fixed payment from Moixa||Variable payment from Moixa|
|How often do I get paid?||Annually||Annually|
|How much do I get paid?*||£50 per year||50% profits from your system|
|I bought my Moixa battery||Yes||Yes|
|I received my Moixa battery as part of a project||No||Yes|
|I bought a non-Moixa battery||Yes||Yes – check our list of partners online|
*Your contract is guaranteed. For new contracts, Moixa Technology periodically review payment rates. Table rates current as of 01/09/2016
Yes, your system must be connected for the minimum threshold period of 95% to be eligible for GridShare payments – beyond this the money you receive will be proportional to the period of time your system has been connected to Moixa’s GridShare server.
No, Moixa GridShare will not affect your battery performance.
Moixa GridShare will utilise your battery system a very small proportion of the time, and as such will not have a significant impact on your battery lifespan.
Your battery has the same 5 year guarantee if you sign up to GridShare membership or not.
Moixa operate to strict data protection rules which protect your personal/storage/consumption data.
Moixa GridShare scheme helps you to make money from your battery by generating income from trading power between your battery and the National Grid.
If your battery does not work Moixa GridShare will not work therefore it is important that you are able to fix or replace your battery either through Moixa’s warranty, or through your manufacturers warranty. Your payments will resume once your battery is operating again.
You can easily cancel your Moixa GridShare membership at any time. To do so, send an e-mail expressing your wish to cancel your membership to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel before you have been paid your yearly share of Moixa GridShare income, you will not be able to collect your share.