How do we calculate your savings?
Moixa Smart Battery constantly monitors energy consumption and PV generation in your home in order to decide how it should best respond to your particular energy needs.
Moixa Smart Batteries are being installed in homes across the UK to cut electricity bills. Home batteries collect & store electricity from your own solar panels for you to use when you like.
See our step by step savings breakdown after installing solar and battery bundle for year one:
These are the calculations of total annual benefits after installing 4kWp solar + 4.8kWh battery (irradiation level – 925 per kWp) assuming the electricity prise is 14,5p per kWh and annual average grid consumption of 4000 kWh (based of Ofgem publicly available facts and figures on annual electricity usage in the UK).
Table values explained:
- Annual Grid Consumption: How many kilowatt-hours the customer uses from grid each year
- Annual Solar Generation: The amount of solar that is expected to be generated from their solar system. based on capacity, orientation, pitch of roof & irradiation zone. (Geographical location)
- Annual Solar Generation Consumer: How much of the solar generated electricity, the customer has physically consumed/used.
- New Annual Grid Consumption: How many kilowatt-hours the customer will use each year, once solar + battery have been installed
- Electric Bill Before Solar + Battery: The customers electricity bill, before installing solar + battery. (Consumption kWh, Multiplied by Electricity Price)
- New Bill After Solar + Battery: The customers new electricity bill, after installing solar + battery. (Reduced Consumption kWh, multiplied by Electricity Price)
- Savings from PV: Annual savings made by reducing grid usage, through using % of the clean/renewable energy being generated by solar panels.
- Savings from Battery: Annual savings made by reducing grid usage, through using % of the clean/renewable energy being stored in the battery.
- Total Renewable Savings: The total amount of savings created by reducing grid usage, through using renewable sources.
- GridShare income: The annual income paid by Moixa to the customer as a par of GridShare membership scheme.
- Export income: based Eon’s 1 year guarantee at 5.24 pence
- Total Income: The total amount of annual income the customer will receive (including GridShare and Export income)
- Total Annual Benefit (savings + income): The total annual amount of benefit for the customer. (Savings + Income)
Information is accurate on the date that it was published.