COVID-19: Moixa May Update: How we are responding to the pandemic
As government guidance around COVID-19 continues to develop and lockdown measures ease, we wanted to share an update about how we are adapting our service.
Throughout this time, the health and safety of our team and customers remain our top priority, so please expect changes to our standard installations, these are in place to ensure a safe environment for all. Thank you to all of our customers, team-members and installation partners, for cooperating with these new ways of working.
Battery installations and customer visits
Based on recent industry and government advice, we will be resuming our installations and home customer visits. However, we have set in place new guidelines to ensure that the visit can be completed in a safe way for everyone involved.
Which households will Moixa Accredited Installers be able to visit?
Until further notice, we will only be visiting households where we can ensure that our Moixa Accredited Installers are safe and that the household is able to receive visitors. Before each visit, we will now be asking a series of questions to help us determine whether the visit can go ahead.
We will not be visiting any households where anyone:
- is ‘shielding’ or is categorised as ‘clinically vulnerable’ by the NHS
- is self-isolating or has experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the last two weeks
- has come into contact with someone with symptoms or has been self-isolating
Our installers will also have to confirm that they are fit, healthy, have not been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or self-isolating, and that they will abide by our safe installation guidelines.
Keeping our team and customers safe on-site
Before our Moixa Accredited Installers arrive at your home, we will ask you to be prepared for their arrive and ensure that you are ready to accept them into your home. We will need you to:
- Clear a path to the battery, or intended battery site, so that we can complete your installation as quickly as possible, minimising the time our installers are in your home. Please open internal doors and remove any items that might hinder the team.
- Ventilate any room that our team will be working in by opening windows where possible.
When our installers arrive, we ask that you:
- Keep a minimum of two metres away from our team at all times and minimise any conversation to only that which is necessary.
- Do not offer the installer(s) any food or drink
- We will not ask you to sign any paperwork on-site, but we will take some photos and send you a Handover Form to sign electronically after our team has left your home
- Our installers are issued with PPE including hand santiser, disposable gloves and face coverings
- Alcohol-based wipes are used on all touchpoints in the vehicle regularly throughout the day to ensure it is kept clean and disinfected
- Our installers have been issued with instructions on good handwashing techniques
- All of our installers have been instructed to self-isolate if they are showing symptoms of coronavirus or live in a household with an occupant showing these symptoms
- Our installers reserve the right to decline to enter your home if they feel it is unsafe to do so
All of the measures above are designed to ensure we can deliver our services in the safest way for our customers, team members and installation partners. As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop, please expect further changes to how we manage our customer visits.
What about the rest of the Moixa Team?
The majority of the Moixa Team will continue to work from home, and all teams are available to support our customers and partners.
- If you would like customer support, email: email@example.com
- If you would like to talk to our solar & battery sales team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to get in contact about our GridShare Software or our participation in a project, reach out to our business team on email@example.com